Thursday 1 September 2016

PORTRAIT

I was walking around my house
fully engrossed in old memories
I looked up hearing some sound
and there I saw my old portrait
hanging on the wall
covered with dust.

My heart skipped a beat
when I felt like hearing my wife's
voice calling my name.
Few minutes passed in silence
as I was in shock.

Jane, my wife, my sweetheart
a very beautiful to look at
was more like a friend to me.
she loved every bit of me
and catered to all my needs
with utmost care.
she was everything to me
and I depended on her.

she loved this picture of mine
and took all care to see
that it was always kept clean.
Now after so many years
passed without her
for death parted us forever
and my life lost its brightness
so as this picture of mine.

[c]2016 B.S.SAROJA
01/09/2016



 





No comments:

Post a Comment